Your Captain, Dave Boon, has 30 years of experience fishing lower Lake Huron from Sarnia to Kincardine and beyond. He also has a great deal of salmon fishing experience on Georgian Bay. Captain Dave is fully accredited by Transport Canada with his MED3 qualification in marine emergency duties and SVOP small vessel operator proficiency. In addition he also possesses a valid Marine operator’s card and he is qualified in CPR and first Aid.
Capt. Dave is a proud member of:
- The Bluewater Anglers
- Ontario Federation of Anglers and Hunters
- Ontario Sportfishing Guide’s Association (OSGA)
- Past Grand Champion of the Sarnia Salmon Derby (salmon category)
- 2 fifth place finishes and an eighth place finish in recent years in the Sarnia Salmon Derby (salmon category)
- Past finishes of 7th and 12th in Kincardine derby (salmon category)
- Past top trout win in the Grand Bend Derby
- 5th in the trout category in the Chantry Chinook Classic
- Numerous wins of the “big fish of the day” category.